Friday, January 6, 2012

Something different, something new!

Unfortunately, I'm not too skilled when it comes to landscapes. I enjoy looking at them, but when asked to capture their essence on paper, I just can't seem to properly lend my attention to them and see a project through. Perhaps if one held a whip, I'd be better convinced. Here, however, is one of my first serious attempts at a full landscape.


It's not much, of course. I worked from a small and blurry photograph of my parent's view from their house in Iowa. I think I may have learned a thing or two, however. One being that dark watercolor washes want me to die, and two being that one should finish a sky as a wet wash as quickly as possible. I see things I wish I could fix, but I'll let it be. Next time it'll be a different story. (Or so, I hope.)

No comments:

Post a Comment